Students occasionally need to take prescription or non-prescription medications while they are at school. To help ensure that students receive the needed medication and that the medication is not misused, the school district has developed rules for the administration of medication in school.
Please note the following points:
- All prescription medication, except inhalers and emergency epinephrine, must be kept in the health office and must be administered by the health office staff or other appropriate school personnel.
- A completed Medication Administration Consent Form is required before health office staff will give any medication. For prescription medication, the consent must be signed by the medical care provider and the parent/guardian. For non-prescription medication, a parent/guardian signature is required.
- All medication must be in its original, labeled container.
- Students may not bring medication in; a parent/guardian must transport it to school.
- Medications must be picked up by a parent/guardian a the end of the year. If the medication is not picked up by the end of the last day of school, it will be destroyed.
WSD Medication Policy and Procedure
Medication Administration Consent Form